- This event has passed.
Centuries of the Soldier
August 12 @ 9:00 am - August 13 @ 5:00 pm$15 – $25
The American Heritage Museum is presenting a time-line living history exhibition –
Centuries of the Soldier, August 12th & 13th. This extraordinary living history weekend program allows visitors to see and experience what life as a soldier was like through various eras of warfare. The event showcases many historical encampments laid out chronologically over the great expanse of the museum grounds. Eras being represented include: The Roman Era, American Revolutionary War, Civil War, World War One, World War Two, Korean War, and the Vietnam War. There will be demonstrations and battle skirmishes taking place through the day each day.
Gates open at 9:00am and close at 5:00pm each day. Demonstrations at the various encampments are ongoing through the day.
All three museums will be open: The American Heritage Museum, The Historic Aviation Hangar and Classic Automobile Barn. This is a unique opportunity to see some of the world’s most rare aircraft, extraordinary American classic automobiles, historic tanks, armored vehicles, military artifacts and much more.
There is over 100,000 square feet of space within the American Heritage Museum and Hangar combined.
Food and beverage will be available for purchase on site and picnics are allowed.
Advance Sale and Event Day Admission Tickets
Admission for the Saturday and Sunday events are as follows:
$25 Adults | $20 Seniors/Veterans | $15 Children Under 12
Members, WWII/Korean War Veterans and Children Under 3 are Free – No ticket required.
Event ticket includes admission to the American Heritage Museum – no additional tickets required.
Buy Tickets Online Today!
Tickets may also be purchased the day of the event by Credit Card or Cash at the entry gate on the access road as well.
Tank Driving Experiences and Tank Rides Available
Tank Driving experiences and Tank Rides will be taking place over the weekend. You can register online, by phone, or on-site, but spaces are limited!
Tank Driving Experience Prices:
– M24 Chaffee Light Tank (20 minutes driving the tank) – $995.00 donation (tax deductible)
– M4 Sherman Medium Tank (20 minutes driving the tank) – $1495.00 donation (tax deductible)
Tank Ride Experience Prices:
– M36 Jackson (10 minute ride) – $195 per person. Maximum of five (5) riders per ride – four in the turret, one in the bow gunner position.
– M24 Chaffee (10 minute ride) – $595 per group of Three (3) persons – two in the turret, one in the bow gunner position.
– M4 Sherman (10 minute ride) – $595 per group of Two (2) persons – one in the turret, one in the bow gunner position.
Schedule your tank driving or ride experience above or call 978-562-9182 to reserve.